Old Settlers, Part Two

The Old Settlers parade is on Sunday. Today we had church in the park with all three churches together, followed by a potluck. (Who doesn't love a potluck?)

Some members had the brilliant idea of renting a trolley, letting the kids decorate it, and inviting any members or guests to ride along in the parade. It was a blast! 



Somehow, Jonathan and I were elected Grand Marshals of the parade, in honor of Jonathan being the new pastor in town (Hancock has only one church). We got to ride on this beautiful car. This photo was taken right as my camera was dying, so this was the best I could get with no retakes.


The parade was longer than the town, so we finished the ride in the car and walked back to join the rest of the church on the trolley! So that means we were in a parade twice today!

I'll be away from the computer for the next few days. I'm going on a camping trip. The forecast says unpleasant weather, but I plan to have fun anyway. I'll report later this week!

Comments

Popular Posts