Cabela's in La Vista, Nebraska


Cabela's is one of my favorite stores, but I rarely get a chance to go. There are none in Iowa, so the times I've been to one in the past was somewhere on the way from Iowa to some other place. Jonathan had a visitation in Omaha, so we decided to go check it out.

I rarely buy much when I go, and I ignore the entire hunting and fishing sections, but I really like to check out the camping equipment, even if I don't need any, and the clothing section.

Cabela's also sells food. There is a restaurant and a general store. The general store offers old fashioned candy, pancake mixes and wild berry syrups, and FUDGE. We sampled red velvet and black forest fudge.




One of the cool things about Cabela's is their animal displays. It makes it a little more interesting than just an ordinary shopping trip.

There is also an aquarium. There were some really spectacularly large fish in there, but these were the only ones I managed to photograph:



I did not leave the store empty handed. Columbia Switchback II jacket (here at Cabela's website). Rain resistant, and the hood folds neatly into the collar. Now I'm ready for the weather we had today.

Pardon the mess in the background...this room is being painted.

Comments

Popular Posts