Before and After: Spare Room

Earlier this week I finished painting our smallest bedroom. I knew I wanted a yellow room from the start. The hard part was choosing the right yellow.


In the end, we went with none of the above. After seeing it in a friend's house, we chose Valspar Polenta:


I got ahead of myself and didn't take any truly "before" pictures. Two of the walls were a deep, dark red and the other two were white. We wanted something that would brighten up this small room.

The finished room:


The curtains are sheer panels I found in the basement. I may change these, but I like them for now.



Antique three-quarter size bed. Watercolors by my grandmother, Mary Young.


Painting by Moriah Hawn.


Throw pillow from Ikea. 


Vintage glass ceiling light, probably original to the house.


Quilt made from vintage fabrics. Found at an antique store in Spencer, Iowa, and a birthday gift from my parents.


Comments

  1. Looks wonderful! Like the shade of yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts