Persimmon Cake

Once a year, for just a few weeks, we can find persimmons in the grocery store. I never knew what they were until last year, but now that I do, I think they are lovely! Fresh, they taste like honey! (But don't eat an unripe hachiya persimmon--they are too astringent.)

I purchased several a few weeks ago and they were just ripe enough to use this week. I made them into a pulp and used them in a persimmon spice cake. I think it's really good with fresh whipped cream (what isn't?).



My food photographs are rarely well lit or arranged because for whatever reason I tend to do my baking in the evening. And then I want to eat it. So if I wait till the next morning to take prettier photos, I won't be able to photograph the whole thing.



I used the recipe from Desserts for Breakfast.

Comments

  1. I think the lighting is just fine, and your arrangements, or compositions are lovely. HK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts