Wedding Cookies!

All lined up after filling. Letting them set before packaging.

I made over 800 cookies for my brother's wedding (which was Saturday). They were packaged in threes for favors.


Ganache!


I started in May and made a few batches a week and froze them. I made seven kinds, most I had made before. I chose ones that would hold up well and were of similar hardness and moisture (I didn't want to have both soft and crispy together or the soft would make the crispy ones soft, too). I also chose recipes that made large batches and stayed away from ones that used too much butter (butter being one of the most expensive ingredients!).

These recipes can be found online:
Chocolate thumbprints with ganache recipe from Martha Stewart
Cardamom snaps recipe from Better Homes & Gardens
Cocoa-molasses cookies recipe from Real Simple
Earl Grey tea cookies recipe from Martha Stewart Weddings (higher butter use but requested by my mom!)

And these were from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion cookbook:
(not-chocolate) Thumbprints
Pinwheel and marble cookies (chocolate and vanilla)
Snickerdoodles

(Sadly, I wouldn't recommend the cocoa-molasses cookies for this kind of thing again. They were too soft and they crumbled too easily. My helpers and I were not able to use very many in the final product. They are, however, delicious.)

I coated most of this kind in chopped pecans, but some in coconut and some in cinnamon sugar.

My sister helped me label all the bags. Once the thumbprint icing was set, me, my sister, and two of my cousins formed an assembly line and bagged up over 260 of these:

Printable labels from Avery. I used one of their free templates online for the design.

And they seemed to be a hit!

They did not last long!


Comments

Popular Posts